Addie and Baylie's New Room

Since this baby girl is due in November, we knew Addie and Baylie were going to have to start sharing a room. We opted to move them now as opposed to when school was in session. I need them to get a good nights sleep during the school year! 

When we started talking about combining them I knew that I wanted something different. I wanted to make it more of a big girl room. Addie wanted blue and Baylie wanted pink, so I decided to do a combination. It took me 5 paint samples to get the blue I wanted but I am soooo happy with the way it turned out!


I literally just got finished a few hours ago with decluttering the room. When trying to move 2 kiddos with ALL their toys to 1 room, you realize real fast how much stuff they have. I still haven't gone through clothes yet but I ended up with 6 trash bags of things to get rid of! I am not big on clutter so it was time for some of it to go anyways!


They are really into the American Girl doll stuff, so finding a spot for all that bigger stuff proved challenging. (They recently got their first actual American girl doll, the accessories are all from Target, ie the jeep, the camper, the kitchen).  I ended up storing some things under the bed which worked good. 


I also ended up using the closet. 

They got those super cute umbrellas at the zoo over the weekend when their grandparents took them. 

I ended up using their chest to put some of their Lalaloopsy toys and Baylie's Sophia the First castle. I don't mind how they look and it keeps them ALL from being in the floor. 




I don't have anything on the walls yet but I'm sure that will come soon! We started all of this less then a week ago and I think we made great progress. 

(Oh, the bedding is from Target!! I wanted something cute yet not over powering since the striped wall was my main focus for the room!)

And did I mention I'm in LOVE with the blue? And now I want to repaint and redecorate my entire house! 😉

Comments

Popular Posts