Crazy Hair, EEG's and Red Ribbon Week

This week has been Red Ribbon Week for our school. The whole county is participating. It's a week where the schools focus on informing kids on staying drug free, and they do it in a fun way! Today was "Drugs Make you Crazy, Stay Drug Free", Crazy Hair Day. It's probably one of the most fun days for the kiddos because you can get really silly with it.

For Addie, it makes our mornings just a little more stressful. Because of her sensory processing, brushing her hair and fixing it can be bad on a regular day. Her hair use to be to her waist but because it was stressing her out so much, I cut it off to her shoulders (and its adorable and we all love it). Her hair gets fixed the same way everyday and we can usually get through it with minimal breakdowns these days.

This morning was different. She wanted her hair fixed crazy too. It's suppose to be fun! I had already finished up 7 braids all over Baylie's hair and knew that there was NO way Addie would make it through that. So I decided to do 5 pony tails all over. Guys. It was so stressful on her and me. By the end she was turned around hugging me and crying while I was trying to fix the last two pony tails.

It broke my heart you guys. It's so hard to see her break down over something she can't help. Something that is suppose to be fun, turns into tears. It's hard to watch her struggle with these things. It's gotten better over time but there are still things that are hard. I'm always trying to figure out ways to make things easier. She has an EEG in Nov and I'm already praying for peace over the appointment. The last time she had her EEG's, they were the very worst appointments we have ever had with her. So if you are reading this, pray for us through this month that when this appointment comes on Nov 23rd that it won't be hard on her.

Before she left this morning she was back to her silly happy self. I was putting her in the car (she still can't get the buckle on her seat belt in my car where Callie's car seat is in the way, but she can do it in other ppl's cars) and she was hugging and kissing me and giggling up a storm. I know the tears only last for a minute, I just don't like to see them.

 
 How adorable did their hair turn out? I love Baylie's braids. She said her friends would call her braid girl.

The rest of this week has been fun for them though! Tomorrow is "BES is a Drug-Free Team", Team Spirit Day but they are going to a pumpkin farm so I'm still debating on what I'm gong to let them wear tomorrow. Its rained here and I'm praying its not a muddy mess out there!

Monday was Inside Out Day


Tuesday was "Sock it to Drugs", Crazy Sock Day and I forgot to take a picture (bad mommy).

Wednesday was "Hats off to Being Drug-Free", Hat Day. She went through about 4 hats before she would leave this one on her head. And Baylie, well shes just as cute as a button. You can't tell really good but her hat is blue with black leopard print.


The rest of my week has looked like this:

Monday

Wednesday

We haven't left the house but for 3 hours early Tuesday morning to run 2 quick errands and then to take Addie to OT Wednesday afternoon. Poor Squirt is a mess. I'm not 100% what is going on but I'm watching her to make sure its not another ear infection, shes pulling on her ear again and losing her balance more often but no fever. Last time she had an ear infection is very similar to what she's doing now, it took about 4 days for the fever to come. 


Catch y'all tomorrow for Friday Favorites! =P

Comments

Popular Posts