Love and Marriage: Link Up

I've been following Mix and Match Mama's blog and decided to do this little link up about how me and my husband meet! =)

(Man, we were sooo young!!)

I meet my husband in my Sophomore year at West Virginia University through a Christian organization called InterVarsity. Its funny to think back on it now but I knew there was something different about him. We really started to get to know each other right before Valentine's day in 2003. We went on a few dates and I just knew that he was going to be the one for me. We started dating officially in March but ended up breaking up for about 3 months about 6 months later. My insecurities from past relationships got the best of me and I was scared of getting hurt again. But he kept a hold of my heart for those 3 and we worked it out and didn't look back.

We both graduated in December 2005. And we got married on February 4, 2006. It was the best day of my life, with the birth of both of my daughters coming in a very close second. After we got married we had a few hiccups with his job and actually ended up getting to move closer to home! I started Grad School for my Masters of Arts in Teaching in August 2006 but found out that SURPRISE! we are pregnant in October 2006!




We welcomed our first baby girl, Monkey Doodle, into this world on June 26, 2007. I had always wanted to be a mommy and couldn't have been more happy about it! I fell in love with that little girl the  meant I knew she existed and I love her with a fierceness I never knew existed. I am currently writing about her journey with Apraxia and you can find the first entry here: http://www.smalltowngal.com/2013/03/our-journey-with-apraxia-and-special.html

In 2009, my husband ended up having to find another new job. He now works for a company that is subcontracted through NASA. He loves his job and is wonderful at it. 



I continued with school and we had our second baby girl, Bugaboo, on December 31, 2009. Once again my heart was completely stolen and my love knew no bounds. She is my firecracker and keeps her mommy on her toes every second of everyday but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I graduated with my Masters in May of 2010 and because of my husbands amazing job and his very hard work I am blessed enough to be able to stay home with my girls while they are little.

My husband is my best friend. I am so thankful that God placed him in my life when He did and that I have been allowed to spend the last 10 years with him. (It's so hard to believe its been 10 years!) He still melts my heart and makes me smile.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts