Valentine's Fun


Valentine's Day is fast approaching and while Glen and I don't do anything for each other I still like to make it fun for the girls. I'm not a big decorator, except for at Christmas time, so I never decorate for other holidays. I wish I did though, maybe I will start going after each holiday this year and grab stuff for next year. I found these little mailboxes when looking for them for our church's Marriage Retreat. At the time I bought all they had for that but Target got more in and I snagged two for the girls a week ago!


 

I went to the Dollar Tree and bought a bunch of little crafty Valentine Day themed stickers and ribbon. I already had puffy paint and I got out my hot glue gun (best $6 ever).

  
Then we got to work decorating. I had to hot glue more then I thought I was going to. The glitter red and pink hearts where NOT stickers like I originally thought and I had to hot glue the ribbon around the mailbox. The girls had fun picking their stickers and where they wanted everything placed. And I think our finished product turned out cute. 


I had originally planned to do these last week then every morning this week I was going to put something small into it and let them have "mail" before school but I was sick last week and that didn't happen. But the girls had fun and it was an easy after school craft. I am NOT a crafty person and I handled this with ease.

Comments

Popular Posts