Our Week

It has been a week around here! Last Friday Addie came straight home from school, took her shoes off and went straight to sleep! 


Little girl got sick on me! Plus she was exhausted from her first week of school. We spent the majority of our weekend relaxing and even took naps after church on Sunday. She barely ate anything all weekend and the streak continued on Monday. She even came home and took another nap after school Monday. 


This is so unlike her! By Wednesday she seemed to be doing a lot better and all smiles again! 



She seems to be loving school, it's still hard not knowing what she does and not getting details of her day like we do from her sister but the teachers are good to let me know how she's doing and she loves school. We did run into a snag with some of her lunch items not getting opened so she hadn't ate anything ALL day. We got it all worked out. I didn't think to tell the teacher that she would be too backwards to ask for help and she was just use to the aid opening things for her the last 2 years. Her teacher apologized to me so much today and I told her it was really fine, I should have specified that she has a hard time with certain items. Language barriers are hard!! 

I did get to talk to the Special Ed teacher Tuesday (she gets pulled out half the day for reading, math, writing, spelling, so all her core classes) and she made me feel a lot better. I was really concerned on how a kid that can still barely write would be able to do spelling words and such. 


But anything that comes home through her actual 1st Grade class doesn't really apply to her right now. In a way, I was relieved because wow, I can't see her being able to handle this right now. But then I was sad too, because I hate, hate, hate, seeing how far behind she is. Glen and I have struggled with it this week. I don't know what I would do without him, he is my best friend and my sounding board and my shoulder to cry on when I need it! He is the only one that really understand how I feel most days. But our God is a comforter and He helps us through the tough times and gives us little glimpses of hope when we need them (like today)!

Today we had her 6 month ENT appointment. We have been going to this place since she was 18 months old. She hates it. She has screamed and cried and fought me so much in this office that I dread going in there. She hates having her ears bothered and she remembered how many times they had put her to sleep for tubes and it's just a bad time (the staff is amazing though and her doctor is awesome and they have always been so kind even when I've been a mess). Today, all that changed! She had a fantastic check up. She never squealed or cried or fought! She even did the hearing test booth ALL by herself (I usually had to sit in there with her cause she was scared)! To say I am proud of her is an understatement! I made a huge deal out of it all! We go back in February and might have to schedule surgery for the spring. She has a hole in her ear that still hasn't closed up on its own. So 6 more months and we might have to out her to sleep again (for those keeping count this could possibly be the 8th time in 6 years, so we are praying it closes on its own, it's smaller then it was our last visit). 



In other news, Baylie has been home with me all week. She went to preschool for 3 days and then she had a week off! Craziness. Some type of miscommunication with some training. So we've relaxed at home all week! 



I also hit my 3rd trimester on Wednesday!!! Woo hoo! 13 weeks or less until we meet this little girl! Hoping the next 13 weeks fly by!


Comments

Popular Posts