It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

It is officially Christmas season for us! We don't "do" Christmas until after Thanksgiving is over. So Thursday night we pulled out the decoration and took our time decorating the house. We usually put up 4 trees, 2 big ones and one small tree in each of the girls rooms but this year we opted to not do the ones in the girls rooms.

 The Christmas tree in our front living room. It just has green, red and white on it. The Santa is from my Mamaw. She's had it since I was probably around 5, the chair is broke and if you touch it, it will fall apart but I love it so it gets set out every year. So many memories!

Our big Christmas tree in the family room. It has an assortment of ornaments including all the girls homemade ones. 

Our stockings made by my wonderful mother in law. She usually only makes them for the kids in the family but I begged until she made me and her son ones to match. Love them! (Don't mind the baby swing at the bottom of this picture. I have no where else to put it and its what Callie sleeps in the majority of the day right now.)

This is probably one of my favorite decorations. We received this whole set as a wedding shower gift and had no idea how expensive it was until people told us. I love, love, love this. It sits on my dining room table so little hands can't destroy it. 

This has been my mamaws ceramic tree since before I was born and about 2 years ago my Mamaw gave it to me. It holds so many memories and I love it. It sits on my kitchen counter. 

I got these from Walmart for $5 a piece after Christmas, they were regular $20 a piece. They are suppose to sing but I have yet to put batteries in them. I just think they are cute to sit out. 

My mother in law made these too. We don't have Callie's yet. They are countdown to Christmas decorations. The girls hang starburst on theirs. Glen and I don't have any candy on ours though.

And these are just some random other little decorations we have sitting out. I love our house at Christmas time. I don't really decorate for any other holiday but for Christmas I like to really get it all out. I usually go the day after Christmas and buy a few more decorations to add to for the next year. 

And since we are talking about Christmas, I want to leave you with our Santa picture from this year. Addie wouldn't sit on his lap without me so I made Glen take his jacket off and we all hopped in for a picture! And I LOVE it! 


Comments

  1. Wonderful christmas stuff filled with so much sentiment! Happy Holidays to your and your family!
    XO sarita it's my girls' world

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts